Clinical Psychologist (Registrar)
BSc(Hons) MPsych (Clinical)
Eleanor sees children, adolescents and adults
I enjoy working with clients across the lifespan, and have a real enthusiasm for working with children (age 6+) and their families, to help with a range of sleep concerns. I enjoy the creativity that comes with working with children, and place a high value on creating a safe, non-judgemental space to support progress.
I primarily use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) which is the first line recomended treatment when assisting people with insomnia and poor sleep.
I help adults, kids and parents understand how sleep is regulated, establish more helpful sleep routines, learn strategies for winding down, manage a busy mind and anxiety about not sleeping, and work to reduce nighttime fears or bedtime oppositionality in children.
In addition to insomnia, other sleep difficulties I work with include:
- Circadian Rhythm problems such as Delayed Sleep Phase / Advanced Sleep Phase
- Chronic nightmares
- Overreliance on sleep medication
- Difficulty relaxing into sleep (overthinking, feeling too alert, tense etc)
- Childhood sleep difficulties such as nighttime fears, separation anxiety, and behavioural problems at bedtime
- Teenagers with delayed body clocks (late to bed and late to rise)
- Daytime fatigue
- Adjusting to CPAP therapy (e.g., claustrophobia, feeling resistant to adhering to CPAP use)
- Mood, stress, and anxiety that impact on sleep