Other sleep diFFICULTIES & Services
Sleep Matters offers treatment for several types of sleep disturbance, stress, anxiety and mood difficulties, as well as education and training in sleep health.
Other sleep services we offer
In addition to treatment for insomnia, we also offer the following interventions:
- Treatment for recurrent nightmares which involves imagery rescripting and building a healthy sleep routine.
- Assistance with adjusting to using CPAP therapy for obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Treatment of other psychological difficulties impacting on sleep (e.g., anxiety, depression, stress).
- Light therapy to treat Circadian rhythm disorders (e.g., people affected by FIF/shift work, or extreme night owls or early birds).
- We also run a four-week, Saturday morning group program for insomnia developed by Dr Ree. This group runs 5-6 times per year at our Como clinic.
Overnight, in-home sleep assessment:
It can sometimes be useful to assess a patient's sleep quality and quantity objectively, using a simple EEG kit (just three electrodes on the back of your neck). This is very useful for assessing how much a person is really sleeping.
Education and training in Sleep Health:
- We offer training and supervision to professionals on psychological management of Insomnia and other sleep difficulties.
- We often present seminars to schools, local groups, and corporations on Insomnia management and Sleep Health. Please feel to enquire about a tailored seminar for your group.
Contact Sleep Matters
170 Murdoch Drive