We have recently run a well attended full-day workshop for psychologists on management of Insomnia using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. There is another full day workshop coming up in September, please see details…….
September 23rd, Floreat.
Insomnia Disorder is the common sleep disorder with a prevalence of 10%. It is associated with significant daytime impairment and individual and societal costs. Insomnia is one of the most frequently presenting problems to health professionals. Prolific research has established Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) as the recommended first line treatment for Insomnia. CBT is best delivered in the context of an understanding of basic sleep processes and sleep disorders.
The workshop will utilise a variety of presentation modes (didactic, case studies, small group work, open discussion). It will focus on:
- Find out how common insomnia is in the community and how it impacts on health and wellbeing
- Demystify sleep for your clients by understanding the basic processes of human sleep
- Understand insomnia, its subtypes and treatment implications
- Explore diagnostic issues and learn about differential diagnosis of insomnia from other sleep disorders and co-morbidities
- Design and implement cognitive and behavioral therapies for insomnia with evidenced based established efficacy
Don’t miss this practical, skills based workshop, relevant for all therapists, no matter what sector you work in.
The workshop is presented by Dr Melissa Ree, from Sleep Matters.Blog overview