Clinical Psychologist (Registrar)
BSc(Hons) MPsych (Clinical)
Mikayla sees children, teens, and adults.
I believe that sleep is a key part of our daily functioning and overall wellbeing. I am passionate about helping people of all ages improve their sleep. I primarily use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Depending on client’s need, therapy might involve:
- Helping people identify and treat factors that lead to poor sleep so that they can feel confident to manage their sleep in the long term
- Developing good sleep habits
- Reducing worry about sleep
- Helping people to manage a busy mind at night
- Working to improve daytime energy and function
- Using bright light therapy to improve energy and treat circadian rhythm (body clock) disruptions
- Helping to kids and parents with night-time fears and bedtime routines
I completed my undergraduate training at the University of Western Australia, where the focus of my honours research was the relationship between cognitive functioning and obstructive sleep apnoea. I also completed a Masters of Applied Psychology in Clinical Psychology at Murdoch University.